Re: OT: Books on writing?

Harry Binswanger wrote:
which last also stresses the idea you mention: don't edit while you are drafting; she says, "keep your pencil moving."
Well, I beg to differ, but recall that I'm an editor first and a writer second. But I don't think you can ever LET your critical faculty lapse. It will do so enough on its own.
I cite an interesting example: Dorothy L. Sayers was a (at one
time) well-known author of who-done-its (the Lord Peter Wimsey
stories), plays, translations (Dante's Divine Comedy, the Chanson
de Roland), and essays literary and doctrinal. In a couple of the
Lord Peter stories, she depicts a writer writing. And the writer
character is always editing as she writes. FWIW.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx