Re: XY on tiny screen (OT)

>J R FOX mailto:jr_fox@xxxxxxxx said:
>
>The one I'm most curious about is the Asus EEE (all solid state) -- but
>probably only after they get to a 16G model. 4, or
>even 8G, sounds dubious to me, for XP. (I think it
>was originally designed with Linux in mind.)

I use XyWin under WinXP on the smallest Asus eeePC, which has a 2 GB solid state hard disk. WinXP requires about two thirds of the 2 GB. XyWin runs perfectly. Other software I simply install on a plug-in MMC-SD storage card. The eeePC is slow, but its extreme portability compensates.

Zooming the Windows screen font and temporarily reducing the right margin of Xy accommodates the tiny screen nicely. There is limited text on the screen, reminiscent of the Osborne 1 computer of the early 1980s. If you are serious about writing, you adapt to the small size.

I removed Linux to install WinXP, but may return to Linux once there is a way to run XyWin under it. Apart from the Asus, there are several other small machines to choose from. The ASUS is simply the cheapest.

Valmond Ghyoot