relative values not allowed

Folks --

I have been using XY3+ since it was first released (with
upgrades).  For the first time ever, I have been receiving
on the message line just below the command line:  "relative
values not allowed."

I can find no spurious commands or characters in my document.
The document prints out flawlessly.  But as a matter of curiousity,
does anybody know what triggers this message and how to
prevent it in the future?

If it matters, it is only a single file where this message appears,
and revisions to the file do nothing about the message.

Thanks.

Fred Gross