U Files

Robert, thanks for the file with you frame. There's no question that we've got
a bug here with the Windows version. I was able to get it running under DOS,
however nothing happens with theh same setup under Windows. I spoke with one of
our development staff and hope that it will be looked at over the next few
weeks. Right now we've got a pretty tight schedule, but I'll follow up with
them when time is open.

I think the philosophy of how we generate a dialog needs to be enhanced, with
respect to launching a dialog from the .MNU file. First, under the L-Frame
structure you notice that we use the JD (Jump Dialog) command to display the
dialog from the .DLG file. The inherent nature of the JD is "dialog", and
dialog file. The JD must find the frame name within a loadable file which
contains the "DG" load identifier. My opinion is that we need to provide for
jumping to a U file as well as a dialog file. Whether we modify the JD or add a
ne command to get to the user file, something must be done. After all, your
point is well taken that the user files are designed to get away from modifying
the .DLG file, which is changed sporadically.

I'll be in touch.

Regards, Jim