Re: XyWrite and TFT displays

Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
Manuel Castelao wrote:
Just a doubt: is it possible to freely change the screen buffer and the screen size (number of lines) in XyWrite windowed mode with a LCD/TFT display?

I'm pretty sure it is, but recall that one cannot set just
any number of lines. There are set figures, IIRC. And I
should test this on XP, which I now have on this box, but just cannot get the time now. Maybe Sunday.

Martin, Patricia,
In my experience with CRTs, it's very easy to modify the screen buffer (going to the available menu on the top left-hand corner of the screen and saving the new params for windows with the same title) and the number of possible lines. Obviously, as Martin has pointed out, it's necessary to modify the SL line in the settings.dfl file accordingly. But, in my TFT display tests, the modifications were ignored, even after saving the new params. I suspect it's a problem due to improper driver display for that specific TFT in the testing machine. So, I am very grateful for your confirmation that it's possible to freely manipulate the screen buffer with TFTs too.
Manuel Castelao