OT: response to Re: Moving SGs to Frames (was simple calendar question)

And thanks to Carl for reminding me to use (suitably stripped of
XyWrarcana) programming examples of use/mention in an upcoming class
that I'm preparing elaborate lecture notes for.
Of course, just the keyboard file itself has a nice examples of items
serving as their own name (although you could look at the single
letters as commands: emit this symbol). What computers make hash of
(so to speak) is another important distinction, the type/token
distinction. (For the curious (all two of you) the Stanford
Encyclopedia of Philosophy has a good entry on type/token.) (Oh, it's
online.)

David Auerbach
Department of Philosophy & Religion
Box 8103
NCSU
Raleigh, NC 27695-8103

On Aug 2, at 9:36 AM, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
Carl Distefano wrote:
Reply to note from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  Tue,
 If  in your frame is causing error beeps, you need to
> recast it as an equivalent string that Editor will not
> treat as a formatting command. Instead of , try
> ">.
Well, I'll be... Never thought of that one, but meanwhile I came up with the idea of checking to see if, in fact, H1 has been saved as a Style. But if I can combine both techniques, I may be able to get one single GT command, varying the SXes, depending on the outcome of the verification process. That too has to be reworked; I had not gotten Robert's very helpful answer to my question about accessing the SavedStyles in XPL (SOMETHING is happening to XPLencoded posts, either at Eskimo or here) when I sent that routine for critiquing.

Many thanks.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx