Sort Solved!

On 16-FEB-1997 11:20:02.6 xywrite said to LESLIE319
  >Thanks to those who responded!
  >It turned out the problem was simply the line in my .dfl file:
  >df dr=d
  >In my old system, I had a RAM disk created from expanded memory, which
  >was assigned as drive d:. DR=D meant that I used that as the temporary
  >drive for print files and other things . . . including sort files.
  >That no longer exists in my new system, so sort had no temp drive to
  >work with. Changing it to
  >df dr=c
  >fixed the problem.
  >Sorry to be so obtuse and take up your time . . .

  You would be well advised to create change that to df dr=C:\xy\temp, or
something like that (make certain to create the directory too!). That way
you can check periodically and delete the temporary files XY creates. If you
don't do this you will be finding files of the order
oeamqqa.tmp with 0 bytes cluttering up
your XY directory.

Regards,

Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press
`[1;33;45mRainbow V 1.19.1 for Delphi - Registered