sound with Xy on windows machine

You're using Windows 2000, right? I have the same problem with not
getting error beeps. I posted something to the thread last year some
time and tried various suggestions, but I still haven't gotten it to
work. Every other program's error messages come through loud and
clear.

Various gurus made suggestions about the Xy error beep settings;
tweaking them all had no effect.

My "pc speaker" is not set to mute (Mr Bechstein's suggestion), nor
have I added a sound card (it's a laptop; Mr Fox's suggestion).

Seems to be some odd interaction between Xy and Win2k; I'm using
XyWin, so it's not even a problem with DOS boxes. The error beeps
came through fine in Win98SE.

--
Emery Snyder