Re: vDosXy - Easy clipboard solution the EditPad way

Carl,
I just tried this, and it works, but but the encoding isn't correct in Xy. For example, "smart quotes" in the Windows text appear as Ascii-147 and -148. I'm using CP 437 in both XyWrite and EditPad. Should I be doing anything special?
I do not get the same results. I tried to paste into TXB (= my ascii ext for EditPad). I get question marks as there are no direct equivalents for Windows 93 = LEFT DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK or 94 = RIGHT DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK. Same with Unicode U+201C, U+201D. EditPad has one quirk you should be aware of: when creating a new file, the encoding is not immediately recognized. So if you make a new file with a different encoding than the default, save, close and reopen it. Then encoding works as expected. If you make a new file outside of EditPad with the proper associated extension, it is recognized correctly when you make your first attempt to open it. I use this as follows: I have reserved clipboard windows in Xy (scrap file windows) for stuff that comes from the outside, the clipboard (and grep output). Shift-Numpad-NN have go-to-window commands, and Ctrl-Shift-Numpad-NN have corresponding reopen from disk commands. Best regards, Kari Eveli LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) lexitec@xxxxxxxx *** Lexitec Online *** Lexitec in English: http://www.lexitec.fi/english.html Home page in Finnish: http://www.lexitec.fi/