Re: vDosXy - Clipboard solution

Reply to note from "Jon P"  (Redacted
sender "xywrite4@xxxxxxxx" for DMARC) Sun, 16 Nov 2014 23:13:18
+0000 (UTC)

Jon,

> ... I'm getting an error message that Windows can't find
> vdosvclip.bat .

First, re-download vclip.zip here:

http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/vclip.zip

Unzip all files into the directory that contains vDos.exe.

Next, check the contents of the environment variable vdosdir. In the
Windows host, open a CMD.EXE window and enter:

SET VDOSDIR

It should return something like "C:\vDos\" (without the quotes) --
i.e., the path to vDos.exe, including the final backslash, on the
host Windows OS. If it doesn't return the correct path, including
the final "\", then you need to go back and edit vdosdir
(instructions in VCLIP.ME).

Next, go back to the CMD.EXE command prompt and enter:

DIR %VDOSDIR%VCLIP.BAT

You should get a directory listing for VCLIP.BAT. If not, double-
check that you actually unzipped VCLIP.BAT into the directory that
contains vDos.exe. VCLIP.ME, NIRCMDC.EXE and ZAPEOF.EXE should also
be present in that directory.

Next, in XyWrite running under vDos, CAll C:\AUTOEXEC.TXT. Make sure
that all of your USE statements point to valid directories on the
host OS, including the final "\". As an example, mine look like
this:

USE C: C:\vDos\
USE V: C:\
USE W: F:\Copy\
USE X: F:\Dropbox\

> Also, where do I set the default screen font?

That's in CONFIG.TXT. In XyWrite CAll C:\CONFIG.TXT. SEarch for the
line starting with "FONT = " and set it to the name of the desired
TTF font file (sans .TTF extension); to be available, a TTF file
must be present in the directory that contains vDos.exe. For
example, I'm using NOUVEAU1.TTF, which means that my line in
CONFIG.TXT is:

FONT = NOUVEAU1

SAve CONFIG.TXT, SAve AUTOEXEC.TXT, quit XyWrite and restart vDos.
You should be in business.

Once you get it going, if you load the Jumbo U2 I'd recommend using
the short U2 keyboard-file assignments for Copy and Paste rather
than the long ones. Of course, to do so, frame VCLIP? must be
present in XYWWWEB.U2. See instructions in VCLIP.ME.

Hope this gets you the rest of the way.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx