Re: XyWrite for Linux

Add the widespread perception that Linux has too few run-of-the-office applications, & the indubitable fact that none of the word processors that run on Linux (WordPerfect, Abiword, Star Office etc) approach XyWrite in elegance, effectiveness, & user satisfaction. . . . I would not rule out Red Hat.
An excellent point. When Corel started doing free downloads of WordPerfect
8 for Linux I confidently predicted it would be a huge success.
I could not have been more wrong. It was a failure, and Corel at present,
as far as I know, has stopped developing WordPerfect for Linux.
Undoubtedly, there exists in the huge Linux universe not just one
programmer but a team who would be willing to rewrite XyWrite in C.