Re: Savesess in NB

Michael Norman:
> On a first pass, SAVESESS does not work in NB70b (W98SE).

What does that mean? It works on a second pass, or never works? And what do
you mean by "does not work"? Does nothing? Starts to work, but then fails?
If so, does what and fails how, exactly? Hangs? If the latter, does func BK
(Ctrl-BreaK) have any effect? Is there any error message? *Immediately*
after it "does not work", go to the CMline and issue ERR. What's the
report? What about launching it from the CMline (SAVESESS)? Have
you disabled sequential windows (default WN)? Command VA/NV WN. What is
the value? If it's 0, change it to 1 (D WN=1); that's essential! Any
difference in SAVESESS with WN=1? After you launch SAVESESS, is any
SAVESESS.INF file written to disk? If so, what happens when you RUN SAVESESS.INF?

We've known for some time that SAVESESS does not work in NBWin (I said so here
a couple of weeks ago). It may simply be too big a program for NB, or there
may be discrete problems that are fixable. I haven't really looked into it (yet).

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx