Re: OT: Going without Norton

Harry,
≪In my opinion, a combination of MailWasher and ZoneAlarm (or MailWasher and a good router FW in both directions) is adequate for private LAN security. That's what I run.

And then I wouldn't need, e.g., Kapersky AV? ≫

Correct.
A viable alternative is to do business with an email service provider who does AV scanning/removal for you on the server-side of the link. Then it's the SP's problem to keep his AV signatures current. The important thing is to stop the malware before it lands on your hardisk, rather than trying to fix it afterwards (which is what customer-side AV software does, Kapersky or any other).
≪Great lecture. When is the movie version coming out? I guess the
Broadway musical version will be named "Bugs!"≫
If anyone on the list can put me in touch with Steven Spielberg, I'll
cut you in for a % of the take.