Windows Text

I'm relative new to windows. As a DOS man I helped the on-screen text
with Ultravision, well-known, as I gather, among xywriters. Now that I'm
forced to use windows--for WFW for many tasks at work--I miss those well
formed and fat and sharp characters UV produced. Is there anyway to
improve the appearance of on-screen text in WFW or any windows app? I'm
using win3.1. I'm told that if one switched to win95 one could buy
Microsoft Plus which has a utility to tweak the text. But I have a
three-year-old system, 33mz/170hd and I want to stick with 3.1 for a
while. Any suggestions, software or a new video card that may have some
good drivers that let you tweak win3.1 on-screen characters, fatten them
up, fill in some pixels. Thanks.

Michael Norman
New York University
Dept. of Journalism