Re: Describe Voyager Plus (non-XY)

On Mon, 9 Sep 1996 15:14:28 -0900 (PDT) you wrote:

> I'll probably be running it under NT on
>a machine arriving shortly; I hope it does as well there as under OS/2.

I hope so, too. I did have a chance to use Describe under Windoze
3.11, and it was fine -- though when I tried to move files I'd used
under Describe/OS2, the fonts didn't carry over -- I'm still not sure
why, and in fact it may simply be that I had neglected to bring over
the whole set of fonts.

Also, the OS/2 implementation of Describe is a little more felicitous
than the Win 3.1 -- things like resizing frames and changing styles
are not only faster, but a little more presicse. To be honest, if I
weren't using OS/2 I'd probably use Word, since it's really a pretty
decent program (for what it is) despite some ridiculous things (like
formatting headers and footers). Since NT is (I gather) a much better
opsys, I would think Describe/NT will come a little closer -- in any
case, $59 is a pretty good price. I hope other list members won't
mind if you post your results?

Rafe T.