Re: Thesaurus problem...

** Reply to message from J R FOX  on Mon, 1 Aug 2005
10:47:32 -0700 (PDT)

> there is a setting that governs whether the
> NumLock state is ON or OFF at boot time. It may well
> be in your system BIOS (probably), &/or it may exist
> somewhere in Windows

Sometimes in the BIOS, sometimes not. But just set it in the Registry:
 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard\InitialKeyboardIndicators
set it to 0 (zero), to turn off NumLock,CapsLock,ScrollLock from the start...
(If InitialKeyboardIndicators doesn't exist in HKCU\Control Panel\Keyboard,
then add it: right click in the right-hand window, "New", select "string
value", then rename the new key as "InitialKeyboardIndicators", right click on
the new key, "Modify", set value "0", make sure it looks right (exact
spelling!), and close the Registry.)

You can set KeyboardSpeed and KeyboardDelay there too (somebody the other day
was asking where you set these things -- this is the place.) Same values as
MODE CON commands were in 9x and DOS (I use KeyboardSpeed = 31 and
KeyboardDelay = 1).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx