Re: WLAN insecurity

Flash wrote:
Turning the pc off when you are not using it protects the pc from
attack, but does not stop war drivers from using your link (via the
router) to do nefarious things on your account. I should have thought a
router would boot faster than Windows.
Yes, but I meant on a _wired_ network. No wireless here, and none
likely if I have any say. We turn the PCs off every night, at
home and at the paper. But the paper now has wired broadband, and
we want to leave the router/modem on, since it does take a
l-o-ong time to initialize (given us by Verizon, and it looks as
cheap as all-get-out: shoddy plastic).

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx