Re: From the KBD file: What is this ?

Carl Distefano wrote:

> Reply to note from "J. R. Fox"  Fri, 02 Nov 2001
> 12:26:22 -0800
>
> > On a semi-related topic, I recently added Carl's suggested
> > Define Extender to my KBD file, plus this item (in the CTRL
> > table) :
> >
> > 87=Q1,BT,xc ;; Toggle window border On/Off
> >
> > It works, but has some conflict with the dedicated U2 Helpkey,
> > producing an Error Beep & message. I could always move it
> > somewhere else, but the mnemonic seemed solid to me, relating
> > as it does to cleaning up after U2 Help, where I find the
> > residual Window Border annoying. Is there some NO or NI
> > type thing I could employ, to smooth over the conflict ?
>
> I don't follow you, Jordan. Could you quote your
> assignment that includes func BT? And why does the assignment above
> end with XC?

Hi Carl,

I don't have a  assignment that includes func BT. The
unshifted F-11 is the Helpkey (wasn't that the standard recommendation
?); The func BT line quoted above was placed on the CTRL-F11 key
assignment. I'm guessing that the beep and error when this is used must
be because this designation of the  amounts to a Toggle key,
which is exclusive and does not like one to attempt to do anything
_else_ with the F-11 key once it has been so designated. As to the
final XC, I thought that was necessary, but this is extrapolating from
most of the other macros in my Kbd file, and they tend to be of ancient
vintage.

Jordan