Re: From the KBD file: What is this ?

Carl Distefano wrote:

> Reply to note from "J. R. Fox"  Fri, 02 Nov 2001
> 15:50:20 -0800
>
> > I should also mention that after I zap the border with func BT,
> > it leaves a minor anomaly in that subsequently called files
> > will display with an unuseable (probably illusory) blank line
> > at TOF, which situation continues until Xy is quit and
> > restarted. A display bug, most likely.
>
> Func BT, by design, simply replaces a visible window border with an
> invisible one (or vice versa). The window *dimensions*, however,
> remain the same. That's the source of the unusable blank line
> you're seeing at top of screen. (No need to quit and reload Xy; a
> simple RS command will do).

RS is Remove Screen, no ? That's almost the same thing as what I used
to do: go to the Window Control Menu screen (func SW, which I've had
mapped to CTRL-F9 forever) and terminate the window, then call it
back. A couple extra steps, which I sought a shortcut for via a simple
macro.

> The way around this annoyance is to use
> not BT but DX,SW,f,DO (Xy4) or MW,w,f (XyWin), which restores full-
> screen window dimensions, removing the border in the process.

I'll give the former a try . . . but guess I'll have to find some
alternative mapping for it, if I want to avoid the beep + error.

> Another way around a lingering border is to abort the file in the
> bordered window with AB+ or AB, both of which
> remove the window after ABorting the file. (AB, a recent
> addition, requires the latest version of U2, or close to it.)

Since I'd prefer the window to go straight back to the way it was before
the  operation, it sounds like your previous suggestion is more
appropriate. Thanx.

Jordan