recorder

>Wasn't that a primitive macro facility available only in
>Win 3.1? I remember being shocked, and I am shocked to this day, that the
>loss of this macro facility did not cause the slightest concern when 95 was
>introduced. Nor have I been able to find any reference to a program
>anywhere that acts like a substitute.

I still use Recorder in the Windows 95 world. I have even obtained a
freeware program to place it in the system tray, where it belongs. It works
reasonably well, though some macros don't work as well as they use to.

Furthermore, if you go to http://nonag.econoweb.com.py/index.html, click on
freeware and then click on the various utilities subdirectories you can find
a variety of macro programs for the Windows 95 world.

Bob
Bob Zimmerman
13909 Briarwood Drive, #323
Laurel, Maryland 20708