Re: Temp file names

> Pardon my memory lapses, and thanks for your help.

So, the cat is out of the bag. We've been casting sidelong glances at one
another for some time now, Harry, concerning your memory lapses -- but nobody
wished to embarrass you!
You know, there's a great comeback to that, but I can't ... quite ...
remember it.
Now, let's see: what was the question again? Temp files. Which temp files
are you referring to? There's FO.TMP, and REVIEW.TMP,
Ach, no. Who could forget those? It was the successor to SCR.TMP, if memory
serves, so to speak.

[UNTITLED] window [NE command]?
Yes, yes. That's exactly what I had forgotten. I mean, I knew there is (in Xy4) an [UNTITLED] window, though I never paid much attention to it--it's irritatingly reminiscent of Word--but didn't know that you could issue the NE command with no argument and get it, and that it is unsavable--all of which is what I want.

But Carl beat you to it anyway.

And is my memory right that there was a SCR.TMP that we XPLers used to use?

Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx