Re: fonts and kbds

   Two naive questions from someone who has:

   XyWrite 3.54 DOS on his HD, used for 15 year or more.

   Signature as well, used only for printing from those nice
   fonts.

   XyWrite 4.017 DOS, now installed.

   All running as DOS apps under OS/2 Warp with some recent FP.

   The "making the transition" material did not mention this:
   the fonts in Signature seem better and more than in XyWrite
   4.017. Can I "move" them or otherwise make them accessible in
   XyWrite 4.017? It told me how to make Signature's wretched
   spellchecker run, but not this.

   Over the years, I modified my kbd to do a few things. I could
   substitute it for the one loaded by XyWrite 4.017. Would I
   lose a lot that way? I already told the installation to make
   it look like XyWrite 3.54--which invalidates some of the stuff
   in the manuals.

   Jonathan

Jonathan D. Beard
Science Writer-Photo Researcher
938 N. Alameda, Las Cruces, NM 88005-2125 USA
jbeard@xxxxxxxx voice 505-647-0850