Re: printer drivers

Hmm, XyShell won't work, I assume, with Xy3, but as I mentioned
yesterday, it's possible to printf to a file, using a PostScript driver,
and then run it through a PS to PDF utility. It's not as convenient as
with XyShell, but it's doable. You'd need:
1. Any XyWrite Postscript printer driver
2. A utilitly for converting Postscript files to PDFs. Two that I know of
and have used are PDF Creator, by CadKas (about $20 when I got it a few
years ago) and Ghostscript (free and Open Source, IIRC; either it's on
the XYWWWEb site or there's a link there to its native one). The latter
includes a batch file for converting ps files to PDFs, and I've been
working on an XPL routine that automates the rewriting of that batch file
and another, so your file names and paths are automatically inserted in
the right place. (No, I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel. I'm aware of
Robert's PostGhost, but it requires XyShell and I haven't heard of
anyone's being able to get that running in Win9x. Redmond's fault, of
course.) Not sure if my routine would work in Xy3 though. But some
Brothers are HP compatible. Are you sure yours isn't? How's it hooked up,
parallel port or USB? Have you tried printing a simple file using an HP
driver?

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx