Re: on offer (2 items)

Mike Shupp:

>I don't think there ever was a released XyWrite I. . . .

"How did Xy start and develop?" was a FAQ at XyQuest, and the company not
only prepared a leaflet (a copy of which I have somewhere) explaining the
answer but even offered to sell copies of old versions at low prices to
anyone owning a newer version. Version 1 was listed. (OK, I don't clearly
remember what it was called, but remember that it was called XyWrite and
that it clearly preceded version II.) The problem was that it was only
compatible with DOS 1, or DOS pre-2.1, or anyway some Microsoft clone of
CP/M that didn't yet know anything about subdirectories.

Thinking that it might have a certain antiquarian fascination, I ordered my
copy (for $15 or so). I never received it or heard anything thereafter.
(A foretaste of The Technology Group, perhaps.)
Peter Evans