forwarding note Re: XyWrite for Windows in Windows 98

A new subscriber, David Kronenfeld, sent me the following query.
Suggestions? It seems to me the issue was discussed here recently.

--------------------
	A question that maybe (maybe not ?) you have some thoughts about: I
have loaded XyWrite for Windows (XW) on my new machine (Pentium 3, 450
speed, 128 megs ram). IIt was running OK on the previous machine
(Pentium 1, 167, 64). I am running Windows 98
	I am having some problems that perhaps might ring a bell with you.
The problem: XW will run in general (and ran on my previous machine)
with either its own printer drivers (printer selections, etc.) or with
the Windows ones. My new installation is working OK with its own
fonts/drivers, but freezes every time I try to switch to the Windows
drivers--telling me that there is not enough memory to perform the
function. I do have a very large number of Windows fonts loaded--so
that could be the problem. But it did read a 1.2 meg data file with
no problem. 	I tried reinstalling several times, with the same result.
Is there any way to get around this in XW or	Is there some way that
Windows assigns memory to programs that could be affecting me here ?
Some parameter value or something ?
	Thanks.
			David

David B. Kronenfeld		Phone 	Office 909/787-4340
Department of Anthropology		Message 909/787-5524
University of California		Fax	909/787-5409
Riverside, CA 92521		email	kfeld@xxxxxxxx

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/