Win 8.1 32-bit

Well, I went for that Windows 8.1 netbook/tablet: the Asus T100, on which the standalone 10-inch
screen is a Windows 8.1 tablet (not Android, not iAnything, so it's still a few apps short--no
version of the excellent Adilko reader from Android). It docks physically to a good little keyboard.
It's pretty impressive for $399.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=t100ta

And here's the fun part: Its Windows 8.1 is 32-bit, not 64.  So having read here that Win 7
32-bit simply runs XyWrite, I copied over the XY4 that had been working under XP (into C:\XY as
usual) and clicked on the .pif shortcut in there. Windows 8.1 thought about it for an instant and
asked if I wanted to install NTVDM. You bet I did.

And there was XY4.  Thesaurus mostly working (can't tab through it but I'll remember how to fix
that), cursor movement is fine. It was not TAMEd, so it only has 3 fonts, but Lucida and Consolas
both look just fine, Raster would be adequate.

I need, of course, Clip to work--it doesn't yet. And I'd love to TAME it and have more fonts. But
while my Tame installer runs without an error message, it doesn't automatically load in the NTVDM
for XY4.  I had Ed.bat, which was a two-line batch file--TAME then EDITOR--but for some reason
it still doesn't find tame-nt.com in C:\Program Files\Tame. (or Tame 5.1 or Tame5.1, tried various
renames).

Whoever got this working in Win7 32-bit--was it you, Harry?--can you tell me what you've done with
TAME and Clip.exe? I'll virtualize if I have to but I hope I don't.

Jon Pareles