Re: GRRRRRRRRRR

** Reply to note from LESLIE319@xxxxxxxx 08/05/95 12:48pm -0400

> If you have Dos 6x you can stop the autoexec.bat from loading the CD drivers
> by typing F5 at the "Starting MS DOS" prompt, or, if you are running an
> older version, hit ctrl-c as soon as the memory is verified.

My machine doesn't have DOS ANYTHING. It has OS/2 which runs Virtual
Dos Machines which are more than adequate for any DOS program except
the install program from TTG! To install I have shut down my machine,
rummage through bookshelves until I find PC-DOS 5 or 6 or whatever is lying
around, boot from the diskette and exit before it starts installing stuff. Then I
have go through the COMPLETE install of XyWrite (because the install
program has no update facility) answering inane questions, having it install
directories with tutorial files I don't want...........  The files I wanted would
have fit, zipped, on 1 diskette. They sent four.
Why are they sticking to this archaic instllation program?

David Auerbach                            auerbach@xxxxxxxx
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU     Box 8103
Raleigh, NC 27695-8103