Re: Type colors

James D. Besser wrote:

> I want to change screen colors for bold, underline, etc, using Xy/dos 4.017.
> Unfortunately, I deleted the help files years ago,

Let this be a lesson to all: never delete help files--you never know
when you'll need them again.

> which provide the color
> charts
> with corresponding values, and can't find the original disks so I can reinstall
> them.

And let this, too, be a lesson: always know where you're install disks
are.

> It's a bummer, plugging in different values and looking at
> the results (I got bored at about 41 or so) . Is there a chart anywhere of
> colors/values? Or does anybody know the correct values for blue type on white
> background, red on white, green on white?

You can't do a white background. You can do light grey. The codes are,
respectively, for blue, red, green:

113, 116, 114.

All three are pretty sucky.

--