Xy-OS/2 Shell: Available for FTP; Ready for 4OS/2

FWIW, I tested 4OS2.EXE v2.51 as a replacement command processor. It works
fine with XYOS2SHL. Other replacements should also work.

The only (incidental) wrinkle that I've discovered is the following
unanticipated conflict of TaskList names (this is pretty far down on the
minutia scale, but it threw me for a loop):

Full Screen sessions are automatically TaskListed (by 4OS2) as
 "4OS2/32 Full Screen" (under the standard OS/2 command processor they
 are TaskListed "CMD.EXE", as I recall). We can't really change this.

Your dedicated XYOS2SHL  (the key you configured during
 installation) generates a process TaskListed as "CMD FullScreen".
 This we CAN change, easily.

Habitually, when I use the SWitch command to change focus from XyWrite to
this Full Screen session opened by the , I've always used the
mask "full", i.e. command "sw full". But now, because _two_ tasks
with substring "Full" are open simultaneously and the mask is therefore
ambiguous, the SWitch command fails. Masks must be unambiguous.

Solution: Go into U2 and change frame "{{5go2}} Shell to OS/2 in current
drive, dir" to read  -- or whatever you prefer and
can remember, as long as it includes an unambiguous substring like "big" or
"text" or something -- in place of the current .

Good luck.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx