OT: Books on writing?

I read somewhere that the secret of good writing is editing. I agree. My favourite editing place is the bath, where I have a loose work surface, much like Marat used and where he was killed during the French revolution. Work that the author has edited multiple times eventually becomes quite readable, even if it started out as unstructured junk.

After I have done my bit, the professional editors have a go and improve my writing even more. So
editing and feedback in any form is good, and in the end, the author's work is improved. I have seen
a few books that obviously bypassed the editing process--even a book by Edward De Bono--and they
seem unfinished.

But creating the text in the first place I find very hard work, and anything that helps I will try.

Valmond Ghyoot
This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer.
Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
≪≪gwavasig≫≫
≪≪ gwavasig ≫≫