Re: OT: Books on writing?

Bill Troop wrote:
I really do think that creation and revision are separate processes. Maybe it worked for Sayers, but I have a feeling it's more likely that she only wished it did.
Might this be a function of brain dominance? Totally left-brain
thinkers like me, who don't ever use their right brain in
thinking (and not much else, hence my terminal clumsiness, since
I'm physically lefthanded) can, perhaps, write and revise in one
fell swoop? Whereas more normal people, who use both sides of the
brain to varying degrees, need two separate processes? If your
thinking process is itself entirely verbal, as mine is, you can
revise as you go along. If you have to "put your thoughts into
words" first, it might be different.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx