Re: TYP and XY3

Dear Robert

>From issuing the command to printing a single page takes around 25 seconds for the first page.
However the next time I issue TYP for a single page it takes around 10 seconds to appear. A file
of around 7 pages long took 12-13 seconds from issuing the command to printing. There was always a
long interval between commanding TY and the first page appearing when printing using the HP1000 DOS
printing system (now disabled).

Do you happen to recall, or does anybody else on the list, whether there were any XY3 postscript
printer files? I have all the XY3 disks but they are 51/4 inch and the drive is in the attic.

Robert, is it possible to disable the TY command in XY3 (and XY4, for that matter). With both
programs configured to print to USB using using POSTGHST, if I inadvertently use TY instead of TYP
both programs hang. No doubt in time my fingers will get used to the new routine but at the moment
when I want to print a file they reach TY-Enter before my brain can stop them.