quote.............

 From: deinc@xxxxxxxx (DeScribe, Inc.)
 Date: 1996/04/05
newsgroups: comp.os.os2.apps
		Another user said.
>>Obviously the money spent on developing the non-os2 versions was a complete
>>waste, as they achieved NO market share, while the os/2 version achieved
>>nearly 100% market share among OS/2 users.
>
>No, I strongly suspect the OS/2 version has nowhere near that. :-)
>
>It likely has a somewhat higher percentage amongst those of us who
>have some kind of network (or BBS net, or online service) connection,
>since we're the ones most likely to have heard about it.
>
>But I suspect its popularity in the corporate arena is fairly low.
>
>As it is, only 1/3 or so of my OS/2-using friends here own a copy. And
>I've recommended it to all of them (I think) at one time or another.
>--
>  -Rich Steiner >>>---> rsteiner@xxxxxxxx >>>---> Bloomington, MN
			** The explanation of how a WIN OS/2 (DOS?)
		  version can be done          **
In about 1992 DeScribe created a common set of APIs for screen display.
Our target was Win 3.x based on the market strength of Windows and
the often repeated exhortation, "If DeScribe was just on Windows".
These API's allow the use of a common code set for both Windows and OS/2.
When MS added the 32bit calls and multitasking those features were more like
OS/2 than Win 16 so the modifications were easy.
The cost of Win crossplatform compatibility was paid long ago. It costs nothing

now to contiune that compatability. Source code is submitted to the OS/2,
Win32 and Win16 compilers without intervening modification. Only MAKE
swiths are changed.

In retrospect, perhaps we should have packaged and marketed the APIs.

	So it could be done

						Daniel Say
						say@xxxxxxxx