Re: More on Tame

** Reply to message from michael.norman@xxxxxxxx on Tue, 04 Mar 2003 19:32:42
-0500

> Given Holmgren's last post, I reckon we'll have to proceed on our own with
> XP dos emulation. Do you think it worth our while to propose a fee to David
> Thomas, or ask him what he would require to solve the problem, completely?
> Or are you considering other alternatives -- dual boot and so on? What did
> Thomas say when you spoke with him last?

Are you addressing me, Michael? I didn't speak last with Thomas -- you and/or
Martin were in contact with him more recently. I gave up long ago -- I really
don't grasp the enormity of the problem, I merely suggested Thomas initially
because he is obviously working in the exact area that needs attention. And
the proof was in the pudding: he made real progress. Didn't he? Clearly, he
was hovering at or near the heart of the matter. Why we've subsequently
tangented off into other speculations and pseudo-solutions and emulators
escapes me. Screen updating is the issue. No, I wouldn't propose a fee -- let
him demand a fee. I reckon he'd like to solve this problem simply because his
business is solving precisely these kinds of problems -- it's a natural for
him. This should have been pursued to a conclusion when the frying pan was
hot. Reviving it now will, I predict, meet resistance. He's bizzy, he's
probably lost mental track of it, erased his XyWrite directory, etc.
Count me out.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx