Re: More on Tame

No, I wouldn't propose a fee -- let
him demand a fee. I reckon he'd like to solve this problem simply because his
business is solving precisely these kinds of problems -- it's a natural for
him. This should have been pursued to a conclusion when the frying pan was
hot. Reviving it now will, I predict, meet resistance. He's bizzy, he's
probably lost mental track of it, erased his XyWrite directory, etc.
Count me out.
I understand, Robert. Since Martin and I seem most interested in this, we
should be the ones to pursue it. One final question. Taking all the posts
together, it's clear the alternatives to maintaining XyDos alive are
limited: for a XyDos window in XP/2000 (a) double booting to W98SE or
another OS or (b) spending a bundle on VPC and extra hardware; In XP/2000
using XyDos in a rough full-screen; adopting Linux and a dosemu; buying a
second older machine just to run W98. You said you were weary of
double-booting. Do you have another alternative?
Michael Norman