Re: Programming challenge: Undo

Robert Holmgren wrote:
faithfully records the state of the document at that moment.
Just to further complicate matters, what about typos? Everybody
makes some, and I sometimes think every fourth or fifth key I
press is the wrong one. So I back up and fix it. And wouldn't
want the typo perpetuated in this all-so-important backup. But I
don't see how an algorithm--even one written by Robert, and I'm
deeply impressed by his approach--can distinguish typos from
intended writing. It would have to run everything against the
.spl files, and there are always words (at least in my docs) that
aren't in them.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx