Re: XY Under Vista

** Reply to message from Carl Distefano  on Sun, 25 Feb 2007
14:09:29 -0500

> People on the NotaBene list are beginning to report success running
> the mostly 16-bit NB for Windows on Vista.

The architecture of the machine is crucial, I believe. In future, nearly
everybody is going to have an x64 computer (manufacturers won't be making
anything else) and they'll run a 64-bit operating system. I've been under the
impression, since the earliest days of Longhorn/Vista development, that 64-bit
Vista will not run any 16-bit Windows programs like NBWin. I hope I'm wrong.
Every few months I look for solid info about this on the web, and usually come
up with nothing (early adopters of x64 aren't the sort who care much about DOS,
it seems).