Re: USB Printing with DOS2USB

backinblue@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Unless I am in error, the syntax is:
"NET USE LPTn \\network\printer /persistent:yes"
I know my network name. I created it myself. I double checked it to be certain. Also, I know the names of my shared printers. I didn't have time or patience to work out why the heck it was not working regardless of which LPT port or shared printer I attempted to capture.
By "network" you do mean your computer, not your workgroup or domain,
no? Because the UNC (universal naming convention, IIRC) of the
computer is what should be there. Another point is that if it or the
printer name has spaces, it will need to be enclosed in quotation
marks. And the printer needs to be declared Shared. And for that, you
need to have a network interface in the PC (recall that a week or so
ago a member had a PC that--to my utter consternation--lacked one) and
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks has to be enabled for
the NIC.
You may be on to something with your suggestions re: fonts or tweaking the driver. As my schedule relents a tad later in the month, I may explore deeper into this mystery.

If you learn anything, please let us know.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx