Re: Printing to LPT3 in XyWrite III+

** Reply to note from Sarah Brehm  Mon, 27 Jan 1997 12:12:12 -0800

> The manual
> says that LPT3 is not a valid device for the TYPEF command.

I don't think that's correct. In 3+, LPT1 and LPT2 are the only valid devices
for the TYpe command (LPT3 results in a "bad counter" error); but LPT3 *is* valid
for the TYF command. The syntax is:

tyf filename,LPT#

Prints out just as if you'd TYped it. Now, on a network, I dunno -- have you
asked root? You might try opening a DOS box, issuing MODE LPT3:, then
starting EDITOR.EXE -- in real DOS, that should work. Alternatively, select the
network printer on LPT3 as your default printer object under Win95 (assuming
Win95 has such a concept, I forget). Or, this oughtta work: TYF your text, then
go to DOS prompt and issue: ECHO FO.TMP LPT3:. Lastly, see if you've got a
print spooler. Usually you can specify that spooler output goes to a particular
device.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx