Re: This time a real clip bug: it crashes...

I haven't been following all the details of the discussion on this
topic, but for what it's worth, my installation of CLIP, also on 98SE,
seems to crash at 393 bytes. If I remember correctly, that number is
similar if not identical to the cutoff for the script to work on Bob's
machine.

Martin J. Osborne

Bob Zimmerman wrote:

Robert Holmgren wrote:
What's the date of KERNEL32.DLL (in \WINDOWS\SYSTEM)? <<
Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
FWIW, mine is 4/23/99.
Same for me, 4/23/99. At the moment I suspect, as Robert does, that this bug on my machine isn't going to be solved. Oh well. Thanks to everyone for their help in trying to fix it. For now I am very comfortably using Xy4 to write emails with the older version of CLIP, so I can't really complain. Nonetheless, it would be nice to use the most up-to-date version, for all the reasons that have been stated by everyone. Bob __________________________ 4708 Montgomery Place Beltsville, Maryland 20705 301-937-0394 See my books and essays at: http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze3cxxp/zimbib.htm
-- Martin J. Osborne Department of Economics 150 St. George Street University of Toronto Toronto M5S 3G7 Canada http://www.economics.utoronto.ca martin.osborne@xxxxxxxx http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne +1 416-978-5094 Have you seen http://econtheory.org