NB Win

I recently bought NBWin for the first time so that I could convert and
use my mass of old XyIII, Xy4DOS, and XW files. I had re-fired my
versions of XyWrite in XP, but the labor and learning curve involved in
mastering XPL and making the program talk properly to various printers
wasn't cost- or time- efficient for me. I also have a number of
research and bibliography files in the old Citation/Notebook II+ format
that I can export to Ibidem and use with NB.
My observation is similar to Robert Holmgren's, that theologians and
linguists form a critical mass of the NB crowd. I suspect that the
program's survival is related the loyalty of its user base -- these are
folks with a major investment in a proprietary
research/citation/word-processing program that they likely have
customized in great detail over the years. It would cost them a lot of
time and effort (and perhaps money) to abandon it for a shelf of
different products.

regards

Peter