Y2K problem in XW?

Rene von Rentzell raised a point today that I hadn't thought about:
>........ But talking about dates makes
>me wonder -- the function "da mmm,dd,yy" has only two digits for the
>the year. Can we look forward to a millenium bug in 3 years?
Does someone know the answer?
If it's yes, have any of the XPL-meisters on the list already seen this
coming and dealt with it?
BTW, my programming skills are limited to writing practical jokes in an old
version of Basic, but I've always wondered why a kludge couldn't be written
to handle the problem, at least in older PC programs. The classic definition
of a kludge is "If 2+2=5, then 5=4." Why couldn't one write code that said,
"If 00=1900, then 1900=2000; if 01=1901, then 1901=2001," and so on?
Lee Hickling