CANON 8-III

I was talking to support last night about a problem I was having with widths on
my Canon 8-IIIR. we left it that they were going to find out why ptest didn't
work (they verified it didn't on your canon, and I was going to find a test
that would demonstrate my other problem. the problem comes when Dutch and Swiss
are mixed on the same line especially when the first word on some lines is in
one font and the first word on other lines is in the other font. since most of
my printer files are customized with new pt's I was having trouble coming up
with an example. well I find I have 3cansc1.prn in an unmodified form and it
will show the problem. write a short file. put ju on and use an of to move the
print off the left margin. then switch back and forth between pt2 and pt3.
lines with some swiss in them come out shorter than lines that are all dutch,
and lines that start with swiss stick out to the left. don't know who in
support has this on their desk. I do know it wasn't Rich. I dealt with him
before on these files and they were going to run the ptest problem by him
today. hope this message helps you pin it down. Frank M. Cook