From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
TBaehr@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 9:12 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xy3 VS. xy4

Xy4DOS by a mile, IMO: flexibility in user interface
(including standards-based look and feel), extensibility,
customizability, speed, reliability.

XYWin crashes, is clunky, but can access TrueType fonts.

XYIII is OK, but XPL is harder to write. For straight text
creation, with not much formatting or font variety, it's
OK. You have to learn a sui generis command line system
that's sometimes intuitive and sometimes not so.

Xy4DOS has the flexibility of using/not using menus &
dialog boxes and/or command line. It's fast, relatively
crash-proof. The menu/dialog system is based on Common User
Access principles; if you know almost any Windows program,
you can figure out most of Xy4DOS. If you can get access to
Speedo fonts, there are dozens of choices.

Full disclosure and bias non-disclaimer: I was a developer
on the Xy4DOS and XyWin interfaces.

Tim Baehr