Re: From NB NY [Descenders]

** Reply to message from Michael Norman
on Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:05:45 -0400

Michael, I got this from Paul (privately still). In particular,
read my note to him, at bottom.

--------------

Dear Robert

I've tried Verdana4.ttf and it works perfectly. All the
descenders are
visible even in large type sizes. Thanks. I've downloaded a
copy of
FontCreator and I'll play with it when I have a little more time.

Best wishes

Paul

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> Here's Verdana Regular (I've renamed it verdana4.ttf, but it
> won't install unless you uninstall your original verdana.ttf
> first. Because both of them are internally named "Verdana
> Regular", you can only install one at a time. So back the
> original TTF up in another dir, for easy re-installation later).
> You'd have to perform the *same* Line Gap adjustment on all four
> Verdana weights for this to work in real life: Reg, Bold,
> Italic, BoldItalic. Shut down NotaBene and relaunch after you
> replace the font.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx