Re: From NB NY [Descenders]

At 11:17 AM 3/13/2008, Robert Holmgren wrote:
Michael, I got this from Paul (privately still). In particular,
read my note to him, at bottom.
> Here's Verdana Regular (I've renamed it verdana4.ttf, but it
> won't install unless you uninstall your original verdana.ttf
> first. Because both of them are internally named "Verdana
> Regular", you can only install one at a time. So back the
> original TTF up in another dir, for easy re-installation later).
> You'd have to perform the *same* Line Gap adjustment on all four
> Verdana weights for this to work in real life: Reg, Bold,
> Italic, BoldItalic. Shut down NotaBene and relaunch after you
> replace the font.
It's truly astonishing how many implications you have to consider
making even the smallest of changes. Your posts on this small subject
remind me to think more allusively each time I make a change on by
box. Thanks for remembering to pass on the above.
Michael Norman