Re: A Real puzzler

Reply to note from Frank Brownlow  Fri, 13 Jul
2007 20:12:14 -0400

> In the past I've asked whether U2 worked with Signature, but
> without drawing a single reply--perhaps no-one knows?

Some U2 routines might work in Signature -- many, in fact, were
developed in Signature -- but many undoubtedly will NOT work. But,
if you've decided to move up a generation from Xy3, there is no
reason in the world to use Signature, a s-l-o-w and buggy prequel to
Xy4, and many reasons not to. Indeed, there is no reason to use
anything earlier than Xy v4.018, period. It's nuts to do otherwise,
IMHO.

> I have Xy4 running on four computers with XP with no problem
> except for No. 4, my Compaq desktop. It had no problems,
> either, but then it started refusing to go into WYSIWYG mode.

If you're running Xy4 in a window, I believe it's been well
documented here that graphics view does not work reliably in a
window. IIRC, more often than not it does not work. I have little
use for Xy-in-a-window, so I'll leave it to those who've struggled
with the problem to comment further.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx