Re: XyWin & bug vs. feature

Robert: Granted, countering disinformation with facts may be politically
incorrect these days. Others will have to judge whether posting pertinent
excerpts from a newspaper article with a brief aside constitutes
"persecution of a certain individual."

≪	Have I _ever_ critiqued or intervened in any of your 3+ solutions
(except in privacy and with, I think, some delicacy)? [...] I am plenty
uncomfortable with real personal attacks. Unless the other guy starts it.
Like you just did. Spewing that pompous cant about "XyWrite is about
change". You don't say! The Clintonian resonance of it! Then I kind of
relish a response. Equal time for "unhappy personal experiences with 3+"!
... You wanna prolong this, or just drop it here? I propose that you say
what you want, the way you want, and I do the same. ≫

Lest there be any doubt, I hasten to say publicly as well as privately
that techniques I've cadged from your code have propelled my v3 xpl
into another dimension and that your critiques have sharpened my xpl
dramatically. I have an enormous, unpayable personal debt to you. I
suspect that all xyWrite users do, directly or indirectly, whether they
know it or not. My admiration for your generosity and skills, and awe at
the depth of your knowledge of xyWrite are boundless.

So I'm sorry if you misread what I wrote as a broadside attack.
It wasn't, explicitly or implicitly. My "pompous cant" was about
choice--which you misquote as change--and mutual respect. However
you want to twist it, I said what I had to say. Take it or leave it.
What's to prolong? ... Ciao. 	--a