Re: New Enter routine

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sat, 20 Sep
2008 17:41:00 -0400

Harry:

> The new ENTER routine works beautifully and is a real pleasure.

I see from your later message that you mean the old routine. Try the
new one (posted today). The functionality is the same, and so is
most of the code; just a few slight tweaks and economies.

> I can't yet get it to work when I hit the ENTER key while a
> program is running and wants input.

Read the caveats in my post earlier today. It's essential to
maintain a plain-vanilla Enter key somewhere on your keyboard. XPL
programs that expect a 2-byte CrLf when the Enter key is pressed
will bomb if the Enter key puts out something else.

> Something is wrong with my using keys to do XPL.
>
> Can you see the error in this:

Works as expected here -- if I substitute 1-byte guillemets for "«"
and "»": Puts the code at the cursor position. You might want to
change that initial func to GT, to force the cursor into text before
the string is put.

> I'm using one-byte guillemets. Maybe that's the problem. Will
> try to get three-byters in there.

Same difference. Three-byte guillemets are translated into 1-byters.
Puts the string at the cursor position. As expected.

Surely, by "do XPL", you don't mean *execute* the code. KBD-file
programming? No can do in Xy4, unless you use U2's XMACRO facility.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx