Re: Xy Win

Tim,

Forgive me writing to you direct but ...

We had some correspondence in the XyWrite group about preparing emails and
XyWrite or XyWin, and you had some very interesting input. I am, however,
at the very edge of my understanding.

XyWin has a "SEND MAIL" facility which presumably allows you to send a file
to a mail facility, or that at least was the idea. When I try to use it I
get no further than the error message SMI not enabled...

But in Win.Ini it has SMI=1 which I ass-u-me means that it is enabled.

I use Eudora which aloows me to enable MAPI. Whatever that is.

Is the problem:
(a) that MAPI has nothing to do with SMI, and XyWin has no MAPI and Eudora
has no SMI?
(b) there is something else missing from Win.Ini?
(c) something else?

Did you guys ever get SEND MAIL to work?

I really would love to solve this one.

Paul Williams
Paul Williams, 123VOYAGE - Internet for All - Internet pour tous:
Home page: http://123voyage.com/index.htm
See our new virtual boutique selling regional specialities from SW France at:
 http://123voyage.com/realsw/tresors/index.htm